Posted 15 seconds ago;
What is EMR software?
Put simply, EMR software is a system that helps healthcare providers manage the medical records of patients and automate clinical workflows. These systems allow providers to:
- Create customizable templates for taking notes while they provide services to patients
- Generate much-needed reports regarding practice efficiency and compliance
- Communicate with patients or staff
- See patients remotely with telemedicine sessions
- Prescribe medicines electronically
- Sync important information
Difference between EMR and EHR
While the terms EHR and EMR are normally used interchangeably, they slightly differ from each other. The key difference between the two is that, due to its interoperability, EHR provides a more comprehensive view of a patient’s health and history by pulling information from other electronic health systems. Therefore, healthcare providers prefer EHR software over EMR.
Significance of EMR Software
The introduction of electronic medical records introduced a huge improvement over the paper-based methods that health care professionals and medical billers used in the past. This in turn opened the door to a new world of functionality for healthcare practitioners.
- EMRs can help medical professionals provide better quality care for patients. Here are some of the major benefits of using EMR software for healthcare providers.
- EMR and EHR software provide accurate, up-to-date, and complete information about patients at the point of care.
- They also allow healthcare providers to securely share electronic information with patients and other providers.
- Electronic medical record systems provide quick access to patient records for more coordinated and efficient care.
- They help reduce medical errors.
- These softwares help providers diagnose patients more effectively and provide safer care.
- EMRs also offer the convenience of better provider and patient interaction and communication.
- They make prescribing more reliable.
- EMRs help promote streamlined coding and billing.
- They improve patient data security.
- By saving time, EMRs and EHRs help providers improve productivity and work-life balance.
- They also enable providers to improve efficiency and meet their short-term and long-term business goals.
- EMR software also help reduce costs through decreased paperwork, reduced duplication of testing, and improved health.
The future of EMR and EHR Systems
Electronic record systems (EMRs and EHRs) have come a long way since their introduction in the 1970s, because the first-generation simply digitized and stored medical records. On the other hand, modern systems act as virtual assistants that organize and prioritize practice workflow. As the EMR technology continues to evolve, providers will be able to connect with patients in more meaningful ways and continuously provide better care in the future.
Top EMR Softwares
You must be wondering what are the top EMRs and EHRs. Let’s explore some of the top electronic records softwares and vendors.
- Cerner EMR Software
It is among the leading suppliers of health care information technology that offers a unified suite of digital solutions to streamline clinical workflows for medical practices and other healthcare institutions. Cerner has also partnered with CoverMyMeds to indicate drug prices within the healthcare industry which makes it an excellent choice to prescribe cost-effective medication to patients. However, the learning curve can be steep for new users.
- EpicCare EMR
It is a very versatile software that allows care providers to easily track and access patients’ charts. Compared to most other EMR software out there it is far ahead of its competition because of the multiple improvements they have made since its first launch. The company also offers hundreds of 3rd party apps to fit all the needs of its large customer base. It is important to understand all the fees beforehand because of Epic’s reputation for hefty implantation fees.
One of the top companies in the industry, CareCloud brings disciplined innovation to the business of healthcare. Their suite of technology-enabled solutions helps clients improve their financial as well as operational performance, make better care decisions, and streamline clinical workflows. Thousands of healthcare practitioners count on CareCloud because of its comprehensive suite of tools such as revenue cycle management (RCM), patient management, electronic health records (EHR), patient experience management (PXM), business intelligence, analytics, and more.
- Praxis EMR Software
Praxis offers both web-based and on-premise deployment, and its system is template-free as the company utilizes artificial intelligence (AI) that learns the way each physician operates and adapts to a user’s individual needs. With useful features like e-prescribing, lab integration, procedure workflows, narrative reports, practice advisories, and a patient portal, Praxis is now one of the top EMR solutions in the country that is preferred by medical practice owners. Praxis mainly serves small and medium-sized practices across the United States in all main specialties of medicine, including family practice, internal medicine, dermatology, neurology, emergency medicine, nephrology, pain management, urology, integrated medicine, oncology, endocrinology, and more.
- GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare offers customizable EHR solutions that are suitable for all sizes of practices. With solutions such as Community Health solution, Centricity EHR, and Centricity Practice Solution, GE Healthcare helps community health centers maintain their financial health.
eClinicalWorks is a privately held company by GroupOne Health Source that offers EHR solutions. The company provides useful solutions for healthcare providers and specializes in electronic health records (EHR), practice management software, patient engagement, ACOs & PCMH tools, care coordination, and population health management.